This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC imul2 (was Patch: rs6000 specific)
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:25:37 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC imul2 (was Patch: rs6000 specific)
On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 03:27 PM, David Edelsohn wrote:
> If you are going to go this far, why not distinguish the
> early-exit case of the multiplier for 8-bit immediates versus 16-bit
I have such code (based on RTX_COSTS), but when it came time to check
in I couldn't find anywhere in the docs that supported the lower
cycle time for 8-bit immediates. Can you direct me?