This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PowerPC multiply-add (was patch: rs6000 specific)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 17:46:06 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PowerPC multiply-add (was patch: rs6000 specific)
Distinct and more descriptive Subject lines would have been
My biggest problem with the FMA patch is why GCC does not perform
this transformation itself. It seems sort of sad that we need to insert
all of these variants instead of GCC canonicalizing the form itself.