This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] C++ builtins go in std and global namespaces
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:31:46 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] C++ builtins go in std and global namespaces
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
>>>>> "Roger" == Roger Sayle <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> At the moment, this fix is moot as builtins are currently disabled in
> the C++ front-end. However accepting this patch now will simplify the
> process of reviewing a patch to enable builtins in C++, once all of
> the type-checking and semantic issues have been fixed (basically the
> DECL_ANTICIPATED flag needs to be honored, so that a builtin doesn't
> exist until it is prototyped).
I thought we were agreed that we were moving towards not predeclaring these
functions at all, but rather recognizing them when they are declared and
annotating them appropriately.