This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ./config merge q?
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- To: guerby at acm dot org
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dj at redhat dot com
- Date: 04 Dec 2001 09:42:26 +0000
- Subject: Re: ./config merge q?
- References: <200112032155.fB3Lt6401635@greed.delorie.com>
> Should I keep the dates, change the dates, or annotate the dates?
Umm, I am not sure what you are asking here.
> >From email@example.com Mon Dec 3 16:25:30 2001
> Note that the gcc ChangeLog entry for your change to mt-aix43
> was detailed in the top level ChangeLog as:
> 2000-09-26 David Edelsohn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/mt-aix43 (NM_FOR_TARGET): Add -B bsd-style flag.
> I assume it's better to put it in config/ChangeLog and remove it from
> top level ChangeLog. I noticed changes made to config/* files in 1999
> also documented in the toplevel ChangeLog and not in the config one.
Are you referring to this ?
Personally I think that if there is a ChangeLog in the config
directory it should be used in preference to the top level one.