This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Optimize memcmp builtin for length zero or one
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:42:16 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Optimize memcmp builtin for length zero or one
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Roger Sayle wrote:
> even if the memcpy can't be inlined, for example due to checking
> memory usage.
Would you like to get rid of the existing memory usage checking support?
Its creator agreed that it is too pervasive and should be replaced by a
separate pass on trees or RTL, and it seems to be bitrotten.
Joseph S. Myers