This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Clarify rules for testing patches
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:51:18 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Clarify rules for testing patches
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>> If you check in changes to style.mhtml, does this cause the other web
>> pages to be automatically regenerated?
> I don't know. Gerald?
Yes, it does, though this (as well as removal of files deleted from CVS)
only happens once a day.
> +<p>When you post your change to <code>gcc-patches</code>, state
> +the canonical name(s) of the system(s) you have used for testing.</p>
Yes, this looks good.
Zack, would you mind sending an updated version of your patch? (And sorry
for the delay, I've been unavailable last week.)
Ah, and perhaps you could go ahead and just commit your typo and markup
fixes right away.
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/