This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: dan at cgsoftware dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 01 18:15:13 EST
- Subject: Re: alias.c:nonoverlapping_component_refs_p
Errr, try it.
I just did, and it says they alias.
Oh, I see. The code excludes bit fields, probabaly for this very reason.
I'm still concerned about teh case where we use a wider mode to accessa
char field, though.