This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to add language hook in staticp
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 19:33:27 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Patch to add language hook in staticp
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Neil Booth wrote:
> Joseph S. Myers wrote:-
> > This patch adds a language hook into staticp, which is needed to
> > implement C99 semantics for compound literals (which have static
> > storage duration if outside any functions, but will have a
> > language-specific tree code).
> I think you should add a comment to that effect, then.
To what effect? This isn't a feature to sit mysteriously unused for
years; the patch to make compound literals work according to C99 (fixing
gcc.c-torture/execute/20000722-1.c, gcc.c-torture/execute/20010123-1.c and
PR c/4787) making use of this hook is tested and ready to commit and send
to gcc-patches once this prerequisite patch is reviewed, after which grep
will say what uses of this hook there are.
Joseph S. Myers