This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: enhanced structure offset tracking
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Graham Stott <grahams at redhat dot com>
- Cc: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:55:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: enhanced structure offset tracking
- References: <200112031537.KAA23744@makai.watson.ibm.com> <3C0BA0F5.2C33471A@redhat.com>
> David Edelsohn wrote:
> > Yes, you are right, sorry about the mistaken report. However,
> > your change has introduced a new warning:
> > /gcc/dje/src/gcc/reload1.c: In function `alter_reg':
> > /gcc/dje/src/gcc/reload1.c:2062: warning: passing arg 2 of `set_mem_expr'
> > from incompatible pointer type
I saw that, but I couldn't figure out why.
On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:57:41PM +0000, Graham Stott wrote:
> I think all that's needed here is for reload1.c to include "tree.h".
Why? system.h has
typedef union tree_node *tree;
which ought to be enough to pass around an opaque pointer.