This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: dan at cgsoftware dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 18:32:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: alias.c:nonoverlapping_component_refs_p
- References: <10112031350.AA08745@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
Richard Kenner wrote:-
> Where is *what* documented? You don't write documention by listing a set of
> assumptions that are *not* true, you list those that *are*. If some
> assumption is not listed, you are not entitled to make it. Nowhere is it
> stated that field positions don't overlap or that they are monotonically
> increasing, for that matter.
I think this argument is a good indication that much better and more
detailed documentation of everything about trees is needed, to the
extent that nothing is ambiguous.
I hope you'll update c-tree.texi to document exactly what being a