This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: enhanced structure offset tracking
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:17:18 -0800
- Subject: Re: enhanced structure offset tracking
- References: <10112022231.AA05876@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 05:31:13PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Why wasn't the "stride" mechanism I mentioned the best way to do this?
> I think it will catch many cases this won't.
I didn't see that message.
True, it may catch stuff this won't, but vice versa as well.
Both would be useful in particular situations.
> If you're going to do it this way why not use handled_component_p to look
> past things that aren't only COMPONENT_REFs?
I'll look at that.