This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ pcc struct return fix
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:46:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: C++ pcc struct return fix
--On Monday, December 03, 2001 11:40:08 AM -0500 John David Anglin
>> >>>>> "John" == John David Anglin <email@example.com> writes:
>> > * semantics.c (simplify_aggr_init_exprs_r): Add DIRECT_BIND flag in
>> > call to build_aggr_init.
>> DIRECT_BIND is for binding temporaries to reference variables; I'm not
>> sure why this would have any effect on your problem. Perhaps rather
>> than call build_aggr_init here, we should be doing an explicit
>> constructor call as in ocp_convert.
Since this patch only affects PCC platforms, and since there are so few,
this patch is OK with me for 3.0.3 if Jason becomes convinced.
A test case would probably help.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com