This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: dan at cgsoftware dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 01 08:12:09 EST
- Subject: Re: alias.c:nonoverlapping_component_refs_p
> I don't believe it is safe to conclude that if two fields aren't the
> same, they don't overlap. An example of a case where they do is an Ada
> subtype of a variant record.
On a RECORD_TYPE, it should be safe.
No, the example I just gave will be a RECORD_TYPE.
If Ada has different semantics, it needs a different tree code, or some
easy way to differentiate.
I'm sorry, I'm missing your point. Where in tree.def does it say that fields
may not overlap?