This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 01 07:54:29 EST
- Subject: alias.c:nonoverlapping_component_refs_p
I don't believe it is safe to conclude that if two fields aren't the same,
they don't overlap. An example of a case where they do is an Ada subtype
of a variant record.
But that may not be the only case: I see no documentation that such overlap
is not valid in the tree.
I'm planning on doing the stride stuff soon, but I'm not sure how to interface
it to your change. I think the best would be to keep the EXPR as what it
is now for better print information, but have OFFSET be relative to the
underlying decl. So we'd know that the actual offset is OFFSET + N * STRIDE
for soem N. What do you think?