This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Add support for VMS debugging format
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rupp at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 19:18:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: Add support for VMS debugging format
- References: <10112022216.AA05519@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 05:16:25PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> The instructions for GNU maintainers require that all files more than ten
> lines long contain a copyright notice or a notice that they are placed in
> the public domain.
> I didn't realize this had changed: we used to be putting them into the
> public domain by saying nothing.
That was back in the Good Ol' Days, before lawyers. Today, saying nothing
is an invitation for an arbitrary number of lawsuits.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams