This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fold cross-make and build-make into configure
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 01 17:19:33 EST
- Subject: Re: Fold cross-make and build-make into configure
Run-time libraries ought to be in top-level directories parallel to "gcc".
Yes, they probably should, but that will make the initial build on a system
trickier because part of the library is needed to link the compiler.
How (if at all) does the present Ada run-time build work with
If there are problems with dependencies of the Ada front end on its
library, perhaps bootstrap needs to be moved out to top level first.
The problem isn't "dependencies" in the normal sense because the front
end can (and perhaps should) use the last-built library, but the issue
I raised above, that doing so adds to what you need around to do an initial
build of Ada on s syetsm.