This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Add support for VMS debugging format
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rupp at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 01 17:16:25 EST
- Subject: Re: Add support for VMS debugging format
The new file vmsdbg.h does not include a copyright or licence notice.
The instructions for GNU maintainers require that all files more than ten
lines long contain a copyright notice or a notice that they are placed in
the public domain.
I didn't realize this had changed: we used to be putting them into the
public domain by saying nothing.
I see no reason not to put a standard copyright noticed on this file.
Doug, do you see a reason not to?
vmsdbgout.c uses a range of years (1997-2001) in the copyright notice,
vmsdbgout.c includes the old FSF address in the copyright notice;
vmsdbgout.c's copyright and licence notice refers to "GNU CC",
Sorry. I looked through the rest of the file for (and fixed)
formatting problems, but forgot to check the copyright notice. I just
replaced it with the correct one.