This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: preliminary patch: prefetch support for i386
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 13:27:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: preliminary patch: prefetch support for i386
- References: <20011129130113.A4811@us.ibm.com> <20011129133840.F31482@redhat.com> <20011130212124.C19261@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <20011130153511.E18892@rjlhome.caldera.com> <20011201010347.F4901@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <20011130165917.A32390@redhat.com> <20011201141455.A23743@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <20011201203749.B520@redhat.com>
> On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 02:14:55PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > What about celerons? I am not sure what is the official namming strategy
> > but if I understand it there are celerons based on different cores from PPro
> > familly.
> I thought it was the same core.
Yes, same core, but different instruciton sets - I believe there are celerons
with and without SSE if I am not mistaken.
Maybe even with and without MMX.