This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fold cross-make and build-make into configure
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 2 Dec 01 06:56:11 EST
- Subject: Re: Fold cross-make and build-make into configure
Ada folks, any time frame on converting your front end to use
nonrecursive make like all the other live languages do?
I don't plan on doing it any time soon. The reason is that the win on
doing it is small and it will make it *much* harder to fold ACT's
Makefile changes (which are to the 2.8.1-based Makefiles) into the tree.
One ACT is able to switch to a GCC-based GNAT (and there has never been such
that has passed all test suites on even one target yet), then it will make
sense to do this conversion.