This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix problem causing g77 regressions
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 1 Dec 01 08:07:53 EST
- Subject: Re: Fix problem causing g77 regressions
> Prior to your changes, n-as-an-array-extent (line 5) would remain
> unchanged when n was assigned to; this protection is arranged by
> wrapping the variable extents of arrays in a SAVE_EXPR, which -
> obviously - lost its protective power due to your changes.
Well, this is a bit hard to assess for me - I do not have a week old
tree without your changes to easily point out the differences - I
hoped *you* would be able to do the before-vs-after comparison, so I
provided you with the shortest example of the problem I could think of.
I don't have an old tree either, but I guess what I was asking is for you
to just expand a little on what you meant above: what does "protection is
arranged" mean and precisely what was being protected?