This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: avr port & expmed.c patch
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: avr port & expmed.c patch
- From: Marek Michalkiewicz <marekm at linux dot org dot pl>
- Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:37:10 +0200 (CEST)
- CC: denisc at overta dot ru, marekm at linux dot org dot pl
did this expmed.c patch (posted by Denis a week ago) go unnoticed,
or is it being reviewed?
I think it resolves the problem with signed divide by 2 (inefficient
code on some targets) in a better way than my earlier (rejected)
attempts. No new macros added, only 1 line changed, and significantly
better code on several targets (h8300, avr, m68hc11, vax, pdp11).
OK, this is not the complete solution as originally suggested
(use rtx costs), but it looks like a step in the correct direction.