This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: POTFILE changes break build when C++ not configured as a reult of changes made by firstname.lastname@example.org
- To: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, pthomas at suse dot de
- Subject: Re: POTFILE changes break build when C++ not configured as a reult of changes made by email@example.com
- From: Tim Josling <tej at melbpc dot org dot au>
- Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:40:30 +1100
- Organization: Melbourne PC User Group
- References: <39CBD4A3.34602A88@melbpc.org.au>
Still broken in 2000-09-25.
Tim Josling wrote:
> 2000-09-18 build fails: unable to find or create file
> gcc/cp/parse.[hc] if you do not configure C++. These files are
> not in the CVS and are only built if C++ is being built.
> 2000-09-11 snapshot built OK, so the problem is in the past week.
> It looks like the change at fault is the one that added
> stamp-check-pot which creates a dependency on the POTFILES which
> includes the parse.[ch] files. But I am not sure - Philipp can
> you let me know if I got this wrong?
> Temporarily fixed on my system by commenting out the two files
> from the gcc/po/POTFILES.in file. Building C++ takes ages so I am
> not keen to start doing that; in addition you are supposed to be
> able to pick which languages you want to build,
> Tim Josling