This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: generalize AIX cabs fix regex
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: generalize AIX cabs fix regex
- From: Bruce Korb <bkorb at sco dot COM>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 08:37:23 -0700
- CC: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: The Santa Cruz Operation
- References: <200009291512.LAA23834@mal-ach.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn wrote:
> Kaveh> nit: use +, not * in the regex'es.
> That's what I expected, but I was following the convention I saw
> in most of the file for these types of expression. If I should buck the
> trend and DTRT, that's fine with me.
DTRT. It is history. It is much faster and easier and less prone
to mistakes if you x-clip & paste from the old fixincludes scripts
into the new stuff. I fixed what I could when I thought about it,
but I confess I did not spend the countless hours it would take to
carefully examine each expression for optimization. :-}