This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: problem with BImode and BITS_PER_UNIT != 8
- To: rth at cygnus dot com (Richard Henderson)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: problem with BImode and BITS_PER_UNIT != 8
- From: Herman ten Brugge <Haj dot Ten dot Brugge at net dot HCC dot nl>
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 20:48:01 +0100 (WEST)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
Richard Henderson wrote :
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 09:46:41PM +0100, Herman ten Brugge wrote:
> > * rtl.c: Modify calculation of mode_bitsize array when
> > BITS_PER_UNIT != 8.
> Alternately, we could use 0 instead of a specific bit size when
> we want things to be in terms of units.
I do not understand this. The c4x target allways had QImode defined as
32 bits. QImode in the new machmode.def file is defined as 8 bits. My
patch modifies this into 32 bits by multiplying the value by
(BITS_PER_UNIT / 8). This patch is also needed for the 1750a and dsp16xx.
Where should we put the 0 into this calculation?