This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to add __builtin_printf -> fputs transformations
- To: bkorb at cruzio dot com
- Subject: Re: Patch to add __builtin_printf -> fputs transformations
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:08:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
> From: Bruce Korb <email@example.com>
> > See this URL for some more incentive:
> > http://www.nullstone.com/htmls/category/printf.htm
> Bad URL :-(
> > Gcc scored 42% on the nullstone printf test while a Mac compiler
> > scored a 92% relative to "perfect".
The above URL works for me in describing the incentive behind printf
opts. Not sure why you call it bad. If you were looking for the raw
numbers, look under the "performance results" link on the left nav.
And sorry, the numbers were 46:92 not 42:92 as I originally reported.
Kaveh R. Ghazi Engagement Manager / Project Services
firstname.lastname@example.org Qwest Internet Solutions