This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to add __builtin_printf -> fputs transformations
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Patch to add __builtin_printf -> fputs transformations
- From: Bruce Korb <bkorb at cruzio dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:42:22 -0700
- CC: Kaveh Ghazi <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Organization: Home
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
"Joseph S. Myers" wrote:
> In general, when wrapping <stdio.h> you need to be very careful about not
> interfering with glibc's __need_FILE. That is, any wrapper applied to
> glibc's <stdio.h> must _not_ have multiple-include protection, since if it
> does, one header includes <stdio.h> with __need_FILE defined and then if
> the program has a later direct include of <stdio.h> that doesn't work if a
> wrapper prevents reinclusion.
Well, then never mind. If glibc has forced stdio.h to not be wrapable,
then you cannot do that for glibc's stdio.h. In fact, it is probably
necessary to verify that fixincludes cannot wrap the thing. Yuck.