This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about a varasm change
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at redhat dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Question about a varasm change
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:34:28 -0600
- cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>you
> On 18 Sep 2000, Jason Merrill wrote:
> > The change fixes DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME so that it actually corresponds to t
> > name used in assembler output, as documented. If the stabs backend expec
> > it to be the unmangled name from the source, it's looking in the wrong
> > place; that's what DECL_NAME is for.
> Thanks. Is this patch OK? It fixes a bunch of gdb failures.
> * dbxout.c (dbxout_symbol_name): Use DECL_NAME rather than
Err, don't you need to use DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME if the decl is a
static class member? According to the comment in that case we want the