This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA:] Remove extraneous spacing from directives in config/elfos.h
- To: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] Remove extraneous spacing from directives in config/elfos.h
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 13:40:03 -0700
- CC: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
: If your ELF assembler is based on GAS, and you change ASM_FILE_START
: to emit #NO_APP (not using the default from elfos.h), gas will
: complain about extraneous spacing.
Does it really ? Can you remember the exact wording of the error
: ! #define CONST_SECTION_ASM_OP "\t.section\t.rodata"
: --- 254,260 ----
: ! #define CONST_SECTION_ASM_OP ".section\t.rodata"
These tabs are all deliberately inserted. Some assemblers, including
some GAS versions insist that only labels and comments can start in
the first column, and that all other directives, including
instructions and pseudo ops, should be indented.
: Ok to commit?
I would advise against this.