This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: expr.c buglet
- To: meissner at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: expr.c buglet
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Fri, 15 Sep 00 06:22:10 EDT
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
Wouldn't it be simpler to use the function change_address instead of
cons-ing up a MEM address and then using MEM_COPY_ATTRIBUTES?
No. change_address returns a known valid address, but that isn't
wanted here. Indeed this code is in one branch of an "if", the other branch
which does have the change_address call.