This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: expr.c buglet
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: expr.c buglet
- From: Michael Meissner <meissner at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:46:02 -0400
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <10009141728.AA02609@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Mon, Sep 14, 1970 at 01:28:19PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> This was where the original MEM had unchanging, but there was nothing
> justifying the expression itself to do so. The intent was to inherit
> that flag from the old MEM and most cases did, but not this one.
> Thu Sep 14 12:10:16 2000 Richard Kenner <email@example.com>
> * expr.c (expand_expr, case COMPONENT_EXPR): Copy memory attributes
> when making new MEM.
Wouldn't it be simpler to use the function change_address instead of cons-ing
up a MEM address and then using MEM_COPY_ATTRIBUTES?
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.
PMB 198, 174 Littleton Road #3, Westford, Massachusetts 01886, USA
Work: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +1 978-486-9304
Non-work: email@example.com fax: +1 978-692-4482