This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: check for iconv.h, define _XOPEN_SOURCE
- To: tromey at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: check for iconv.h, define _XOPEN_SOURCE
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:11:59 -0600
- cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>you write:
> Benjamin pointed out to me that gcc's configure script should check
> for iconv.h. This patch does that. If it goes in I will change
> gcc/java to look at the result.
> I also got a couple reports that on some Linux systems (not mine, and
> not Solaris box either) `CODESET' is not defined unless _XOPEN_SOURCE
> is defined. I think it is always safe for us to define _XOPEN_SOURCE.
> So my change defines it unconditionally.
> Ok to commit?
> 2000-09-14 Tom Tromey <email@example.com>
> * configure, config.in: Rebuilt.
> * configure.in: Check for iconv.h. Define _XOPEN_SOURCE.
This is fine. Please install this patch.