This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Reload inheritance and auto inc/dec
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Reload inheritance and auto inc/dec
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 00 13:43:35 EDT
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
Ok, but since the pseudo only exists during a short interval, and
reg:SI doesn't change in that interval, any occurrence of the pseudo
can be safely replaced by the REG_EQUIV rtx. Wouldn't this be a valid
use of REG_EQUIV?
Well, "sort of". The problem is how can you ensure that subsequent code
transformation might make that other register change during that interval.