This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: tfformat.c doesn't compile under hpux 10.20
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Subject: Re: Patch: tfformat.c doesn't compile under hpux 10.20
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:23:01 -0600
- cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <200009130500.BAA07179@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>you write:
> > Hmmm. Send mail to Uli & Benjamin and ask them for advice, they own this
> > code -- I don't think they're following this list carefully.
> Ulrich's opinion was that the hpux 10.20 headers are not standards complian
> and should be fixed. While it's true the behaviour is not POSIX/XOPEN
> compliant, the standard gcc namespace for hpux is _HPUX_SOURCE which
> defines everything, including all hpux extensions. Thus, the problem can't
> be fixed without possibly breaking other code.
Perhaps the testsuite should be building with -ansi? That should turn
off the HPUX extensions.
> Does the hpux community think that this misfeature should be fixed?
My experience is that we need to have _HPUX_SOURCE defined or the system
is basically unusable.