This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: tfformat.c doesn't compile under hpux 10.20
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Patch: tfformat.c doesn't compile under hpux 10.20
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 01:00:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
> Hmmm. Send mail to Uli & Benjamin and ask them for advice, they own this
> code -- I don't think they're following this list carefully.
Ulrich's opinion was that the hpux 10.20 headers are not standards compliant
and should be fixed. While it's true the behaviour is not POSIX/XOPEN
compliant, the standard gcc namespace for hpux is _HPUX_SOURCE which
defines everything, including all hpux extensions. Thus, the problem can't
be fixed without possibly breaking other code.
Does the hpux community think that this misfeature should be fixed?
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)