This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: movstrictqi/movstricthi fix for h8300
- To: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: movstrictqi/movstricthi fix for h8300
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at redhat dot co dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:46:19 +0100 (BST)
- cc: Matthew Hiller <hiller at cygnus dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> > I think it would be cleaner to represent a movstrict pattern as something
> > like
> > (set (reg X) (ior (and X 0xFF....00) (zero_extend Y)))
> > This might even help the combiner, who knows.
> Seems reasonable. Probably the biggest hurdle will be converting the
> m68k port which I believe uses strict_low_part fairly regularly.
Yes, but most of these are things like regular addhi, addqi, etc. patterns
which could do just as well without the strict_low_part (as it's done e.g.