This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for builtin fputs (first stdio opt ready for install)
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Patch for builtin fputs (first stdio opt ready for install)
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:19:56 -0600
- cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jason at redhat dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <200009081518.LAA07817@caip.rutgers.edu>you write:
> In my original version, I wrote a mechanism for looking up random
> _DECLs. However Jason felt it better to cache the _DECL when
> declaring the builtin function. See:
> So in order to write the fputs expander, I have to declare an empty
> fputc builtin so I can cache its _DECL and use it to replace fputs.
> Note, this caching mechanism only works if the expansion is another
> builtin function. I've already written at least one opt
> (fputc->putc_macro) which requires expanding into an inline function
> wrapped around the putc macro, but that one can wait.
OK. Thanks for the explanation.
> > I also think you should kill the debugging #ifdefs.
> > jeff
> Ok, will do.
> Okay to install?
Yes. Please do.