This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new #pragma pack failure
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at wolery dot cumb dot org>
- Subject: Re: new #pragma pack failure
- From: Robert Lipe <robertl at sco dot com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 19:36:50 -0500
- Cc: gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20000909142140.Q4191@rjlhome.sco.com> <20000909135022.D13727@wolery.cumb.org>
> > but there's been a recent regression with HANDLE_SYSV_PRAGMA code. This
> It wasn't introduced by that patch, but it is my fault. :) The
Thanx for looking at it, Zack.
> Since you're up on these things, could you write up some tests for
> #pragma pack?
I have no special affinity for them; I just happen to have my nightly GCC
build on a box where the system headers (stupidly) use them. :-)
While I probably could whip up a dejagnu entry or two to exercise the
cases, the problem is that this handling isn't available on enough
systems for it to get any appreciable testsuite coverage. So while I
could make the tests run only where HANDLE_SYSV_PRAGMA is set, they
still wouldn't get run on the "mainstream" GCC development hosts, would