This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SH PIC: (not) disabling function CSE
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com (Alexandre Oliva)
- Subject: Re: SH PIC: (not) disabling function CSE
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 02:21:01 +0100
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org dot email@example.com
In article <firstname.lastname@example.org> you wrote:
: Function CSE had to be disabled on SH -fPIC because function call
: sequences use constants relative to the address of the caller.
: However, disabling function cSE is not necessary for non-PIC code, and
: this is a highly beneficial optimization for SH code. Here's the
: patch. Ok to install?