This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Eliminate duplicate dwarf2 data
- To: dberlin at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Eliminate duplicate dwarf2 data
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 14:30:43 -0700
- CC: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
: Is it possible to up the bfd or ld minor version number for this? I can
: detect whether we support the new linkonce sections other ways (test
: link, then grep to see if the linkonce.wi section is still in there),
: but it might make sense since it changes all the linker scripts and
: whatnot, so if someone is building RPM's/debs/etc from the binutils
: CVS, they can tell that there really was an important change.
That's a good idea. I will do that. I will also add an entry to the
NEWS file in the linker subdirectory.