This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [G]CSE of extended asm statements
- To: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: [G]CSE of extended asm statements
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:24:48 +0100 (BST)
- cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> *However* there isn't necessarily a single mode that will be
> correct for an ASM_OPERANDS expression -- it might have multiple
> outputs with different modes for example and since the ASM_OPERANDS
> is shared, we can't have different copies of it with different modes.
Why exactly do we share ASM_OPERANDS? (I.e. why can't we just change