This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: DJGPP patch for float_format
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: DJGPP patch for float_format
- From: Laurynas Biveinis <lauras at softhome dot net>
- Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 21:16:11 +0300
- CC: Mumit Khan <khan at NanoTech dot Wisc dot EDU>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <5666.958690162@upchuck>
Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> Ohhh. Let's not repeat the limits.h mistake. I think Joel and everyone else
> doing embedded development work would strangle me if I put that kind of
> patch in.
> I think we might be best going back to the original code which disabled gcc's
> float.h for those specific platforms. Sigh.
The problem still remains for other header files - stddef.h etc.
Is there any way to solve it, e.g. disable generation of header files
like with float.h? If there is no way currently to accomplish it,
what would be the best, cleaniest etc. way to do it? I'm willing
to do the work.