This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to remove x86 FP operations which allowed integers
- To: John Wehle <john at feith dot com>, egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Patch to remove x86 FP operations which allowed integers
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:55:23 -0800
- References: <199903290827.DAA03898@jwlab.FEITH.COM>
On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 03:27:27AM -0500, John Wehle wrote:
> This patch removes the FP compare, add, subtract, multiply, and
> divide patterns which allowed integer operands since:
> 1) The "Intel Architecture Optimization Manual" recommends against
> their use.
> 2) A move is performed behind the scenes when an i386 register
> is the source of the integer operand. This interferes with
This is fine.
Alternately, you could fall back to memory_operand on all the inputs
and make the patterns dependant on optimize_space.