This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Masked bitfield comparisons may yield incorrect results
- To: "Charles M. Hannum" <root at ihack dot net>
- Subject: Re: Masked bitfield comparisons may yield incorrect results
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at upchuck dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:52:27 -0700
- cc: egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com, bug-gcc at prep dot ai dot mit dot edu, felix at dworkin dot nl, lehotsky at mc dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199903270709.CAA00635@trinity.ihack.net>you write:
> Sorry for not getting back to this sooner. Since nobody was
> responding to my mail, it fell off my queue.
Stuff got backed up behind egcs-1.1.2 release issues. We're digging through
the backlog trying to resolve everything we can in preparation for egcs-1.2.
> With the 3 patches I sent, all problems I'm aware of in that code path
> have been fixed.
> Regarding the DHCP problem, that was a server-side issue. It had to
> do with the third case, where you're comparing fields that are
> adjacent in both structures but in different positions, and that
> causes lnbitsize and rnbitsize to be different. The symptom was that
> a comparison always failed in dhcprequest() and the server never sent
OK. My problem was client-side, so it's unlikely to be the same problem.
Thanks for the info.