This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Masked bitfield comparisons may yield incorrect results
- To: "Charles M. Hannum" <root at ihack dot net>
- Subject: Re: Masked bitfield comparisons may yield incorrect results
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at upchuck dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 23:36:33 -0700
- cc: egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com, bug-gcc at prep dot ai dot mit dot edu, felix at dworkin dot nl, lehotsky at mc dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199903041003.FAA25336@trinity.ihack.net>you write:
> A patch to fix this problem is attached. This patch also generates
> more efficient code in some of the other cases, by eliminating shifts.
[ ... ]
I've installed the code to improve the efficiency of these tests by eliminating
the shifts too.
I believe that covers every issue you've found with this code. Is that