This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch to fix i386 FreeBSD and NetBSD TARGET_DEFAULT
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: patch to fix i386 FreeBSD and NetBSD TARGET_DEFAULT
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:31:53 -0800
- Cc: John Wehle <john at feith dot com>, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <19990323000017.B9203@cygnus.com> <6007.922237918@upchuck>
On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 06:11:58PM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> There may be some tidbits about it in configure.in
# Set this to override the default target model.
That's the only thing at all.
Personally, I think it's confusing to use this for anything
at all _except_ any CPU controls. As such, using it to set
MASK_GAS or whatnot is what's "in the wrong". Not that I
really want to change those ports currently doing that...
Anyway, we seem to have come to a solution in this instance.