This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch to fix i386 FreeBSD and NetBSD TARGET_DEFAULT
- To: law at cygnus dot com, John Wehle <john at feith dot com>
- Subject: Re: patch to fix i386 FreeBSD and NetBSD TARGET_DEFAULT
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 01:29:13 -0800
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <199903201949.OAA02902@jwlab.FEITH.COM> <4352.922077370@upchuck>
On Sun, Mar 21, 1999 at 09:36:10PM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> > ... 0400 is MASK_NO_FANCY_MATH_387 which belongs
> > in TARGET_DEFAULT.
> Huh? TARGET_CPU_DEFAULT is meant to provide bits for TARGET_DEFAULT
> without the need to create lots of extra tm.h files.
> If the x86 port is using it differently, then it is rather broken
> relative to the purpose of TARGET_CPU_DEFAULT.
TARGET_CPU_DEFAULT _is_ used, and used correctly in the
x86 port. But there is still the odd occasion to fiddle
with TARGET_DEFAULT as well.
What John is rightly saying is that someone typo'd in this