This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to preserve programmer specified labels in flow.c
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Patch to preserve programmer specified labels in flow.c
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 01:39:24 -0700
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199903191826.KAA21220@elmo.cygnus.com>you write:
> OK, here is a re-worked version. I have had to add an extra part to
> the patch to allow the DWARF2 code to emit the addresses of deleted
> labels, and my one worry is that I could not find the equivalent piece
> of code in dbxout.c....
I'm still not sure why dwarf2 needs to know about these labels. If they
were deleted, it was because nothing referenced them -- thus putting a
breakpoint on such a label is meaningless.
It's acceptable, iff we actually decide this is a problem we need to