This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Low overhead looping support
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Low overhead looping support
- From: Michael Hayes <m dot hayes at elec dot canterbury dot ac dot nz>
- Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 22:18:57 +1300 (NZDT)
- Cc: Michael Hayes <m dot hayes at elec dot canterbury dot ac dot nz>, Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>, dje at watson dot ibm dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <"14033.60087.66148.880720"@ongaonga.elec.canterbury.ac.nz><firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jeffrey A Law writes:
> I _think_ I was referring to loops which are entered via a jump to the exit
> test. I didn't see anything which prevented us from trying to use a
> low overhead loop for these cases. So we have to make sure to
> handle it.
Yes, these loops don't have a VTOP note and I think I correctly handle
BTW, I've rewritten most of this code and am in the process of
rewriting a ChangeLog entry.