This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs 1.1.2: patch for libio/config/hpux.mt:
- To: markh at landmark dot com
- Subject: Re: egcs 1.1.2: patch for libio/config/hpux.mt:
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at hurl dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:30:49 -0700
- cc: egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com, markh at saturn dot landmark dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199903161936.OAA04506@spill.landmark.com>you write:
> EGCS Maintainers,
> The following patch is intended to solve a problem with compiling
> the egcs 1.1.2 source file libstdc++/cmathi.cc on the platform
> hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.01 (although the solution applies to HP generally,
> I think).
> According to libio/ChangeLog, it is apparently appropriate (since
> 1993) for MATH_H_INLINES no longer to be defined for HPUX, contrary
> to my proposed patch.
> > Wed Dec 1 13:19:14 1993 Per Bothner (email@example.com)
> > * config/hpux.mt (MATH_H_INLINES): No longer define.
> > Patch from Jeffrey A Law <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
> But without MATH_H_INLINES defined, I get the following compilation
Sounds like fixincludes didn't do it's job since it should have taken care
of the bogus definition of abs and other functions in math.h.
I think your patch is papering over the problem -- find out why fixincludes
didn't fix math.h.