This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Eager newline handling for cpplib [patch]
- To: Per Bothner <bothner at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Eager newline handling for cpplib [patch]
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at rabi dot columbia dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:59:49 -0500
- cc: Dave Brolley <brolley at cygnus dot com>, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, eggert at twinsun dot com
On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:52:19 -0800, Per Bothner wrote:
>> I hope we're not treating a lone \r as an end
>> of line indicator....
>I believe we are - and that is correct.
We are. We had a long discussion of this back in January, the consensus was
that all of the four sequences \n, \r, \r\n, and \n\r should be treated as
end-of-line. MacOS does use lone \r as end of line. I've never seen \n\r,
but Matthias Ulrichs assures us it can happen.
See "cpp w/DOS line feeds" thread in the archives.